9. Flax Seeds Keep Hunger at Bay, Which May Aid Weight Control
If you tend to nibble in between meals, you might want to think about putting flax seeds in your drink to stave off hunger.
According to one study, putting 2.5 grams of ground flax fiber extract in a beverage decreased appetite and hunger.
The soluble fiber in flax seeds is probably what contributed to the lessened sensations of hunger. It slows down stomach digestion, which releases a variety of hormones that regulate hunger and give a sense of fullness.
Dietary fiber from flax seeds may help with weight management by decreasing appetite and enhancing feelings of fullness.
Flax seeds make you feel fuller for longer and may aid with weight management by reducing your appetite.
10. Flax Seeds Can Be a Versatile Ingredient
Many popular foods can be enhanced with flax seeds or flaxseed oil. Try these things:
- Adding them to water and drinking it as part of your daily fluid intake
- Drizzling flaxseed oil as a dressing on salad
- Sprinkling ground flax seeds over your hot or cold breakfast cereal
- Mixing them into your favorite yogurt
- Adding them into cookie, muffin, bread or other batters
- Mixing them into smoothies to thicken up the consistency
- Adding them to water as an egg substitute
- Incorporating them into meat patties
Flax seeds are adaptable and simple to incorporate into your everyday diet. You may experiment with a number of recipes.