Much of 2023 may be forecast since astrology derives meaning from the cosmic cycle. The moon will go through its phases, the sun will go through all 12 zodiac signs, from Aries to Pisces, and Mercury will turn retrograde once again.
Mercury will retrograde four times in 2023. Technology failures, communication outages, and travel disasters are all common effects of this planetary transit.
Continue reading for an explanation of what to anticipate from Mercury retrograde as well as a calendar of the times in 2023.
Remind me: What is Mercury retrograde?
The term retrograde is derived from the Latin retrogradus, which means “backward stride.” Planets seem to travel “backwards” while they are in retrograde.
However, because this is an optical illusion, we say seem. Merucry typically orbits the sun faster than the Earth, requiring 88 days as opposed to 365 days for one orbit.
Mercury slows slower while it is in retrograde motion. Mercury also seems to be traveling backwards when the blue planet passes it. Actually, Earth is just moving more quickly than normal.
What happens during Mercury retrograde?
Retrogrades are said to slow down or diminish the areas that each planet rules in astrology. Mercury is the planet of communication and travel, making those areas prone to accidents. We’re discussing outbursts, rumors, computer files that weren’t saved, messages that were sent to the incorrect person, lost baggage, delayed flights, and more.
When will Mercury be retrograde in 2023?
- Dec 29, 2022 to Jan. 18, 2023 in the earth sign Capricorn.
- April 21 to May 14 in the earth sign Taurus
- Aug. 23 to Sept. 15 in the earth sign Virgo.
- Dec. 13 to Jan. 1, 2024 in the earth sign Capricorn and fire sign Sagittarius.
Here’s how to prepare for Mercury retrogrades of 2023
Here are some advice from astrologers.
- Back up all of your emails and computer information.
- To keep yourself calm, meditate.
- Keep an obsidian stone next to your electronic gadgets to thwart any negative SMS or email messages.
- Drink a lot of citrus-based beverages since lemons represent Mercury in its essence.
- Prepare in advance for additional travel time
- Lastly, exercise patience. The retrograde period will shortly end!
What is Mercury Retroshade?
Consider it as the period before and after Mercury’s retrograde. When Mercury slows down and the first retrograde symptoms appear, we are in the pre-retrograde zone. Since this is our third encounter with the issue during Mercury retrograde, many facets are coming to light during the post-retroshade zone.