It’s common knowledge that a hot bedroom might prevent you from getting a restful night’s sleep. Sleeping on a cool-feeling cloth or a temperature-regulating material can help you feel cooler, even if a pillow can’t halt hot flashes or a really heated atmosphere.
A good cooling cushion shouldn’t just be cool to the touch; it should also be soft, supportive, and comfortable. The greatest cooling pillows were discovered when our textile experts tested their cleanability and longevity in the Laboratory.
What to look for in a cooling pillow
- Cooling technology: Fabrics with built-in cooling technologies, such as Outlast or 37.5, may absorb and release heat to maintain a more consistent temperature throughout the night and put an end to night sweats before they even begin. Although other textiles may seem cool to the touch initially, their coolness may not last over the night.
- Ability to clean: It’s especially crucial to be able to wash your pillow if you’re a night perspirer. Consider purchasing a pillow that can either be completely removed and washed in the machine or has a removable cover that can be washed. For those of our best-reviewed options that don’t come with removable covers that can be washed in the washing machine, we suggest purchasing a high-quality pillow protector.
- Sleeping position: An unpleasant pillow will prevent you from sleeping, even if it has the most modern design. The easiest approach to avoid waking up with a sore neck is to select a pillow that is tailored to your preferred sleeping position, be it on your side, back, or stomach.
- Material: Even if you use a cooling pillowcase, the fill material may still affect how cool your pillow feels. Since memory foam is notorious for being hot, it’s best to look for models that have cooling gel or other improvements to alleviate discomfort.
If your current humid pillow is keeping you up at night, keep reading to learn more about the finest cooling pillows, as described by our sleep-deprived reviewers.
Coop Home Goods Eden Pillow
Why We Love It
- Top testing shredded memory foam fill
- Both cover and fill are machine washable
After extensive use, the cover begins to pill.
The new Eden Pillow from Coop Home Goods is designed to keep you from becoming too hot by using shredded memory foam laced with cooling gel.
All of the fill may be moved up or down to give you the perfect height.
The testers were quite pleased with the comfortable feel and the fact that their necks were well supported. The cushion held its form after being weighed down in the lab, albeit the cover did suffer some wear after being washed. CertiPUR-US-certified foam means your safety from harmful chemicals, and thousands of Amazon reviewers agree with our experts that this pillow is wonderful. We really enjoy that both the cover and the filling can be washed in the machine, which isn’t the case with most memory foam pillows.
- Fill: Shredded memory foam and polyester
- Care: Machine washable; wash cover and fill separately.
- Sizes: Standard, Queen and King